We feel there are a few things you need to consider before launching into an apprenticeship or traineeship. A strong understanding of the structure of the training, of the industry, and of their own skills and interests, assists job seekers in selecting a qualification and field that is right for them.
Here are a few key points about apprenticeships:
- Apprenticeships can take up to four years to complete;
- Apprenticeships can be undertaken full time, part time, or even while completing secondary school;
- Apprenticeship training can be fully funded by the State Government, however, small fees and costs do apply;
- Apprenticeships consist of both on and off the job training;
- Apprenticeships involve some form of institutionalised training with a Supervised Registered Training Organisation (SRTO) such as TAFE, an Agricultural College or private training provider;
- An apprenticeship is a paid form of employment (under the relevant industrial agreement);
- An apprenticeship will provide a nationally recognised trade qualification at Certificate Level III or above.
Here are a few key points about traineeships:
- A traineeship takes between 12 months and 3 years to succesfully complete;
- A traineeship provides a nationally recognised qualification at Certificate Level II, III or IV;
- Traineeships can be fully funded by the State Government, but there are small tuition fees for traineeships at and above Certificate Level III;
- You can undertake a traineeship full time, part time, or through school;
- Traineeships are a form of paid employment (under the relevant industrial agreement);
- Traineeships involve both on and off the job training, and, in many cases, the training can be fully completed on the job with the aid of a Supervised Registered Trainer.
Choosing a Traineeship or Apprenticeship Right For You
You have your own skills, interests and talents that should guide you when selecting a career. Different roles and industries suit different people - are you creative? Practical? Administrative? Perhaps social? A great way to get a feel of what kind of area of work you will flourish in is by undertaking a career quiz. This quiz, created by the Australian Government, is a great place to start.
Trade Qualifications QLD - Golden West is Here to Help
There are numerous qualifications in an array of fields to choose from, and Golden West works with job seekers to find and place job seekers into suitable apprenticeships and traineeships.
While Golden West primarily operates in Central and South West Queensland, we are committed to meeting the training needs of regional and rural Queensland. We have a head office in Roma, and have regional offices in Dalby and Toowoomba. Contact us now to find out how we can help you.