What is involved in being a Host Employer?
Being a Host Employer for an Apprentice and/or a Trainee is a smart way to hire for your business needs. And when you partner with Golden West Apprenticeships (GWA) it's easy.
Golden West is a Not For Profit Group Training Organisation - we employ the Apprentices and Trainees and place them with a 'Host' Employer. See more information on Group Training here.
We know the investment required from a business owner when considering taking on new staff. The costs associated with employing someone in your business is quite high when you take into consideration the advertising, going through the applications and shortlisting and finally doing all those interviews. While you're engaged in all this recruitment activity you are not concentrating on your business.
Golden West will do all the hard yards for you. You concentrate on the business and we'll find the staff you need, promptly and efficiently. We do all the recruitment for you. For example, our charge-out rates to you cover all employment costs - you just get one bill for the days the Apprentice or Trainee is at work.
When you weigh up the costs of personnel, time and ongoing training management, record-keeping and all that administration, letting Golden West do the hiring is the smart choice. Our charge out rates include:
- Personal leave.
- Annual leave.
- Time away at training.
- Worker's compensation insurance.
- Public liability insurance.
Golden West Apprenticeships Services
- Advertising on behalf of Host Employer to find suitable applicants.
- Access to our online database of registered applicants who are seeking Apprenticeships or Traineeships.
- Assistance in the recruitment and selection of Apprentices or Trainees, including conducting or arranging interviews, to find the most suitable person for each position.
- Complete payroll and administration services. This includes payment of wages, covering all costs such as Work Cover, superannuation, annual leave and taxation deductions (including group certificates).
- Access to accurate Industrial Relations (IR) information.
- Arranging delivery of training through an SRTO (Supervised Registered Training Organisation).
- Applying for and rebating various Government training incentives where applicable.
- Regular workplace visits by Golden West Apprenticeships fully trained Training and Employment Coordinators (TECs) to check on the progress of an apprentice and also to monitor Training Record Books and on-the-job training.
- Relocation to another Host Employer should the need arise.
Benefits to the Host Employer
- Because the Apprentices and Trainees are employed by Golden West, a Host Employer is able to get on with the job of running their businesses while we take care of all matters relating to the apprenticeship or traineeship.
- All Apprentices and Trainees sign a Training Contract that commits them to between 1 and 4 years of employment and training within your business, whether they are employed as part time, full time or school based.
- A three month probationary period applies to all Apprentices and Trainees.
- Golden West Apprenticeships' fees are included in the weekly charge-out and are fully tax deductible.
- We care for the Apprentice or Trainee throughout the full term of the Apprenticeship or Traineeship.
- We follow up with the SRTO and monitor the training provided.
- Golden West Apprenticeships assigns a dedicated Training & Employment Coodinator to assist both the host and the Apprentice or Trainee.
- We provide a professional quality service.
Benefits of hiring a School-based Apprentice or Trainee
- Your business is giving the youth in your community the opportunity to gain a qualification whilst at school securing their employment in the future.
- Even students wishing to attend University after completing school may benefit from a school based apprenticeship or traineeship as it may allow them increased opportunities to gain a part time position while studying.
- There are no administration fees related to taking on a school based apprentice or trainee.